As a Design director at The Gradient, you will own the big picture and lead the delivery of our design projects, responsible for the overall quality of our design outcome, while ensuring the team executing the work is set up for success.
What you will do
In this role, you will lead both the team and the process, working as a frontman for our clients during the full life-cycle of building the digital product — from research and ideation to the final deliverables and launch, with an emphasis on iterations, frequent validation with end-users, and creatively approaching constraints. The ability to listen well, communicate clearly, and command a room is crucial in this position.
You will also work in close collaboration with Agency partners, other Design directors, Designers, Business analysts and People Ops, to support and develop the design expertise at The Gradient.
What we are looking for
- A good mix of excellent design skills and management;
- At least 8+ years of hands-on product design experience with digital products of different scale;
- At least 2+ years leading, mentoring, and coaching a team of product designers;
- Good understanding of product management and product life cycles;
- UX expertise, specifically in the translating user and business needs into robust UX strategy;
- Extensive experience in prototyping and interaction design;
- Fluent in translating UX and product strategy, user and market research into complex user flows, and simple and beautiful UI;
- Ability to build complex and scalable design systems, supporting product growth and development for future iterations;
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate your design decisions in both external and internal contexts;
- Be active in the design community, representing our company and attracting new talent;
- Willing to be a leader, listener, and a mentor for junior product designers. You can actively develop the skills of your team members to make them more successful in their careers;
- English — Upper Intermediate or higher;
We’ll be glad to hear from you and meet in person to answer all your questions and give more details about the position.
You should able to show us your previous projects deliverables, elaborate on the reasoning and individual contributions, and point out how you used your skills (design, communication, interpersonal, etc.) along the way. Also, you are a “T-shaped person”, who has a product success-oriented mindset.
We're a small team of experienced strategists, designers, and business analysts, working closely with companies of any size to design and launch digital products people love.
Product strategy, user research, rapid prototyping, UX/UI design, user testing, requirements management, analytics, and post-launch optimization: everything that our clients need to build and launch a successful digital product.